Thursday, August 21, 2014

Remember This Childhood Addiction?

 
I personally stole coins, used my lunch money during break time in school and even got change from Sunday offerings just to buy one of these..

 


Today happens to be the official social media day for throwbacks, so i decided to put up this picture on my BBM to see how many of my contacts remember it. The amount of pings I got made my phone restart!
 
Well, for those who know it, you are definitely not kids anymore! For those who don't, I guess you are still teens. But for your sake, let me enlighten you - In the Yoruba land, it's called Baba Dudu, the Hausa's call it Chasbin Mallam and the Igbo's call it Tofee! It is a sort of candy usually hawked by kids or sold at stalls along with other sweets and candies like Alewa, Mazankwela and so on.
 
I personally stole coins, used my lunch money during break time in school and even got change from Sunday offerings just to buy one of these... I went as far as buying the long roll just so I can hang it on my neck! This is my throwback confession.
 
Ps. If you know where I can get one of these, please contact me!
 
Did you have a greater obsession back in the days? Let me know...