Thursday, August 7, 2014

Mariah Carey splits with her Manager, Jermaine Dupri

 photo mariah-carey-rides-the-subway-train_zps2926b1e8.jpg
Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon may not have split...but MiMi and her manager Jermaine Dupri have.





Mariah & her longtime producer turned manager Jermaine Dupri have taken breaks before...but reportedly, they've officially split this time. The twosome have been working together on & off since 2004. And they had big plans for Mariah's big "comeback" album Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse. But after its major flop, it seems the two are going their separate ways.


In a statement to Billboard, J.D. says he wasn't allowed to do what he wanted to do:


“I’m a very hands-on person when it comes to my work. I put my all into every project. But when I’m not allowed to do what I do, then I know it’s time for me to move on. Mariah and I enjoy working together and will continue to make great music together in the future.”


MiMi's latest album has only sold 103,000 copies to date. Guess that subway ride on the 1 train in NYC was one of the last rides they'll be taking together for a while....






oh dear!