Sunday, April 20, 2014

Kelis Gives HOT TIPS On how to be The PERFECT HOST

K_Kelis le cordon bleu

Not many well known singers can say that they’ve graduated from Le Cordon Bleu, but Kelis can and is making the most of her skills. In addition to coming out with a line of sauces, the “Milk Shake” singer is releasing a new album called “Food” –set to release April 22.

With all her culinary skills, Dear Sui decided to ask her for tips for planning your next party. And her advice was a mix of trill realism and hostess expertise.



On booze: “I love Belgian beer. I am also a big wine drinker. I like to be well stocked.”
On what to serve on: “Never do paper plates. Never. Unless it’s a barbecue. I am not one of those people with frickin’ dust collecting on my crystal.”
On the right music for the occasion: “You want to create an atmosphere but still have it be something people can talk over—it’s not a frickin’ rave, it’s my living room. Massive Attack’s Mezzanine is nice to start; then maybe you go to Roberta Flack’s Chapter Two.”